Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Week 1 - MTC

Dear Family/Friends:

The MTC is fantastic! I have been learning so much its crazy. I can't believe how fast I am learning how to teach the gospel and the constant feeling of having the spirit is amazing. It is tough being in rooms all day. You start to feel a little anxious and want to leave but I know I have much more to learn. My first companion Elder Kimmins is from Alberta Canada. He follows the rules with exact obedience and keeps us following the rules. My second companion Elder Cordner has such a strong testimony. He is from Alpine, Utah. I don't know how to send pictures yet so they will come when I can. The MTC does feel like a prison though. Just being put in a room for so long is stressful but I am adapting. I don't know why I worried so much about my mission. I have learned so much it is crazy! Way more these past 6 days than I have my entire life. My understanding of the Gospel is so different. Realizing that everything is about Christ. It is centered on Christ and his love for us. I want to share something with you that we learned from a talk by Elder Bednar about the Character of Christ "There would be no Atoning Sacrifice without the Character of Christ." What is the Character of Christ? "The Character of Christ is when Christs turns outwards to people with love, service, and charity when we would turn inwards with selfishness." Think about that and I would encourage you to try to apply that in your life. When you feel like turning inwards in life. Turn outwards and gain that Character of Christ. This changed my whole perspective on my purpose here and how to go and do missionary work. 


-Elder Kulkarni

No comments:

Post a Comment